Ten Penn Center Again Earns LEED Gold and ENERGY STAR Certifications
Every day at Ten Penn Center, we make conscious decisions to reduce our building’s impact on the environment. After an intensive effort, we’re proud to announce that we have been re-certified as a LEED® Gold building and have again earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) ENERGY STAR certification for 2021.
These coveted designations — and the rigorous certification processes required to achieve them — are a testament to our dedication to sustainability. They represent the efforts of our entire team to servicing our tenants with infrastructure and amenities that keep their businesses running smoothly, as well as a shared commitment with our tenants to support initiatives related to corporate social responsibility.
Ten Penn Center’s sustainability-oriented features and programs include:
- Transit orientation, as more than 86 percent of building occupants use alternative means of transportation, including 11 percent who bike or walk to work
- A comprehensive recycling program, which enables maximum recovery of recycled materials and significant waste diversion from landfills
- High-performance filtration equipment and a comprehensive indoor air quality program
- Plumbing fixtures that reduce water usage by 30 percent, saving 4.5 million gallons of water per year
- Periodic e-waste recycling events for tenants and their staff
- Use of sustainable cleaning products and materials
- Xeriscape™ planting principles, including the use of indigenous perennial plants
- Bee Green environmentally friendly pest management system
Learn more about our sustainability here.